Chasing Cherry Blossoms
about mearchive

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My New Year's Resolution

We’re already eleven days into the New Year, but it’s been a busy week settling back in and getting ready for the new school term, so a blog post has eluded me until now – still, better late than never!

So, 2011... where to begin? Such a big year: graduating, turning 21 and moving halfway across the globe to Japan. The six months since graduation have already flown by. And, just like that, Cambridge is someone else’s playground. I guess nothing lasts forever. It’s all just about making the most of it whilst it’s still around, right? So, although it's sad that my university days are gone, I'm happy because I know I did just that. There’s this Mandy Moore (cringer?) lyric that springs to mind (from this song); it goes: “I won’t hold anything back/And I won’t hold anything in/Feel like I know where this is going/And I might know how it ends/But I’m still willing to begin”. Yeah, I like that.

It’s the same with Japan – even though I now know for sure that I’m going to be applying to recontract, I equally know that someday it’s all going to be over, so I’ve just got to seize it, for however long it does last. I guess you could call that my new year’s resolution.

And, as I’ve made a start on linking lyrics to what I post, I’ll leave you with this. A song that’s consistently worked its way up my “Most Played” list on iTunes in the past few months:

Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there?
Can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end,
And suddenly it's like we're women and men.
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us round?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town?
I keep on thinking that it's not goodbye,
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly


Happy New Year, everybody!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Layout adapted from a creation by tuesdaynight / Click here to go home.