Chasing Cherry Blossoms
about mearchive

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Memes, Japanese Style: Part II

My obsession with this website continues. Eat it up! My first attempt can be found here!

When a teacher I’ve been working with for six months asks me what part of the USA I’m from:


In elementary school, when the kids want to play with me after lunch:


When I’m drunk and trying to show off my Japanese to the locals:


When the serving staff at the izakaya tell me it’s last order on my nommihodai:


When I read a Facebook status about how much lesson planning a JET's got to do:

When my co-workers think I can't understand what they're saying about me... but I can:

When they take the order for "oolong-cha" at the work enkai... and everyone puts their hands up:


When my co-workers take an unhealthy interest in what I cook at home:

What I say I do:


What I actually do:


In elementary school, when I turn to my homeroom teacher for help and she does nothing:




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

just had my first enkai at my new school and i can particularly relate to the "oolong-cha" ordering. especially when they turn to you and say "tea?"... no. bring on the beer, i'm okay with drinking alone.

September 27, 2012 at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Layout adapted from a creation by tuesdaynight / Click here to go home.